Friday, July 22, 2011

I Won Something! *jumping up and down* .....

I logged onto my email this morning (Aussie time) and found a comment on my last blog post that made my eyes pop out even better than my morning dose of strong black espresso did!  I received  *dun dun dahhhhh*






The Versatile Blogger Award 

from the lovely Ayu of Tokyo Factory - Handmade Soap.  Thank you so much!!!  I wish I could nominate you right back.  Here is her Etsy store for you to visit ~ Tokyo Factory Store.


The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:

1 – Make a post and link it back to the person who gave you the award
 (and include their website address)
2 – Share 7 random things about yourself
3 – Award 7 recently discovered bloggers with this award and 
contact them to let them know they have won.

Hmmmm....so here are 7 random things about me ~

1)    I finished high school in 1978 and failed maths in my Higher School Certificate ..... and ended up attending a College course years later to become an accountant. I still don't 'get' maths - but I am VERY good at triple checking things.

2)    I love baking....love making my own cakes from scratch. Especially my sour cream chocolate cake - yum!

3)    I have a habit of talking to myself...well, it helps keep me on track and lets me know what I am thinking (lol).

4)    I didn't grow hair until I was almost 2 years old. 
I didn't cut teeth until fairly late too.....is there a theme happening here...?

5)    I taught myself to read by the time I was 2 - okay all that concentrating on learning must have slowed down my other developmental milestones ..... hehehehe ;)

6)    My current favourite thing to do is make handmade soap. The best thing about something like this to be passionate about is that passion is contagious....and now people want to buy my soap! How awesome.  Okay, that is probably not very random so; 
6a)  The hospital wing where I was born is now a mental hospital.  The church I was confirmed in is in a mental hospital......

7)    I married the love of my life 28 years ago and we have three gorgeous, happy, loving children who are all teens at present....okay, so they are not ALWAYS happy and loving! Just mostly.


There are so many wonderful blogs I read that I would pass on this award to in a heartbeat, however following the rules I must gift it to recently discovered blogs.  My awards go to ~


1-  Briny Bar Soap
2-  The Soap Sister
3-  NaKIN soap blog
4-  soap, soup and everthing in between
5-  A Life Deliberate Soap Co 
6-  Artisan Soaps
     (although I have followed Clear for a long time she has only recently come back to blogging).
7-  BIRCHseed - printed by hand ~ a non-soaping blog *gasp!* by a wonderful lady who inspires my soaping with her functional artwork.




Have an awesome day everyone and take care!







5 comments:

AYU said...

Hi,
It is good to know things about you. I love baking too! your sour cream chocolate cake sounds delicious!!

Dennise said...

How about make a sour cream chocolate cake soap? Hm? Hm?

Thanks for the award!

Topcat said...

Thanks girls and you are welcome! - sour cream chocoate soap....definite possibilites there ;)

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Topcat
Thanks so much for stopping in at my blog. I will certainly be back to visit you. Never been to Australia but several of my Irish ancestors tell me its lovely

Topcat said...

Thanks Donna! I love your blog and have been reading it since these Versatile Blogger awards went around. I can't believe how long it's been since I blogged here *gasp!*

I love Australia and would love to show you around my neck of the woods if you ever get to visit :)